The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) has announced its full list of nominees for the 2019 CCMA Awards, and leading the race with five nominations each are reigning 2018 Interactive Artist of the Year Brett Kissel, and 2018 Single of the Year Award-winning group James Barker Band.
Following closely behind, with four nominations apiece, are Paul Brandt, Lindsay Ell, Tim Hicks, The Reklaws, Tenille Townes, and Dallas Smith.
Nominees for Songwriters of the Year are:
- Brett Kissel, Seth Mosley, and Brad Rempel, for “Cecilia,” performed by Brett Kissel
- Gord Bamford, Bart Butler, and Brice Long, for “Down,” performed by Gord Bamford
- James Barker, Todd Clark, Gavin Slate, and Travis Wood, for “Keep It Simple,” performed by James Barker Band
- Corey Crowder, Jess Moskaluke, and Jared Mullins, for “Save Some of That Whiskey,” performed by Jess Moskaluke
- Barry Dean, Luke Laird, and Tenille Townes, for “Somebody’s Daughter,” performed by Tenille Townes
Returning to the 2019 CCMA Awards broadcast after a 30-year hiatus, the Entertainer of the Year Award will see Paul Brandt, Dean Brody, Tim Hicks, Brett Kissel and Dallas Smith vie for the honour.
Nominees for the Apple Music Fans’ Choice Award are Brett Kissel, James Barker Band, Gord Bamford, Paul Brandt, Dean Brody, Tim Hicks, Hunter Brothers, The Reklaws, Dallas Smith, and Guylaine Tanguay. Canadian country music fans can vote by clicking here.
The 2019 CCMA Awards will be broadcast live from Calgary, Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019, on Global at 9:00 p.m. EST/PST. Livestream details will be announced at a later date. For a complete list of nominees, click here.