The Guild of Music Supervisors Canada (GMSC) is presenting the SOUND + VISION Virtual Sync Conference, a three-day, online educational gathering, sponsored in part by SOCAN, Nov. 18-20, 2021.
The GMSC is extending its invitation to anyone and everyone from around the globe working in the “sound & vision” space – including songwriters, artists, filmmakers, producers, directors, ad execs, and content creators. Each day will include educational panels and creative workshops that break down the many layers of synchronization of music to moving images (aka “sync”) in multiple media platforms. The seminars will include some of the top business professionals working in these media across Canada.
Session highlights include:
- a Keynote Interview with Matt Biffa, music supervisor (Sex Education);
- a screen composer session with Adam Taylor (The Handmaid’s Tale), Lesley Barber (Manchester By The Sea, Late Night), and Agatha Kaspar (Ginny & Georgia, Kodachrome);
- a look behind the scenes of the TV Series Diggstown, with creator/showrunner Floyd Kane, music supervisor Mikaila Simmons, and composers Menalon;
- a panel about pitching for a scene, with music supervisors Michelle Johnson (Better Call Saul, Vida), Natasha Duprey (Tiny Pretty Things, Snowpiercer), Everton Lewis Jr. (All or Nothing, Anyone’s Game, VICE Canada), and Danielle Lindy (Vanity Fair, Loblaws PC); and
- a special performance by The OBGMs.
There will be an admission fee of $20 CAD this year, which supports the GMSC, a not-for-profit organization. For a full schedule, or to register and buy tickets, click here.