The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) has announced its full list of nominees for the 2021 CCMA Awards, and The Reklaws are leading the race with six nominations.
Following closely behind, with five nominations apiece, are Lindsay Ell, Brett Kissel, and Dallas Smith, while MacKenzie Porter, Tenille Townes, Jess Moskaluke, Dean Brody, and Tyler Joe Miller have each earned four, and High Valley have earned a trio of nominations.
The nominees for Songwriters of the Year are:
- Patricia Conroy, Ester Dean, Andrew DeRoberts, Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Shane McAnally, Madeline Merlo, Tina Parol, Hillary Scott, Ryan Tedder, and Dave “Dwave” Thomson, for “Champagne Night,” performed by Lady A
- Tenille Townes, Marc Beeson, and Daniel Tashian, for “Come As You Are,” performed by Tenille Townes
- Aaron Goodvin, Ed Hill, and Jimmy Ritchey for “Every Time You Take Your Time,” performed by Aaron Goodvin
- Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, and Micah Premnath, for “Good on You,” performed by Lindsay Ell
- Jess Moskaluke, Zach Abend, and Liz Rose, for “Mapdot,” performed by Jess Moskaluke
The Entertainer of the Year Award will see Dean Brody, Brett Kissel, MacKenzie Porter, The Reklaws, and Dallas Smith vie for the honour.
Nominees for the Amazon Music and Alkexa Fans’ Choice Award are Tenille Arts, Dean Brody, Jade Eagleson, High Valley, Brett Kissel, Tyler Joe Miller, MacKenzie Porter, The Reklaws, Dallas Smith, and Tenille Townes.
This year’s CCMA Awards will be broadcast from London, Ontario, on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021. For more about the nominations, click here.