At SOCAN, we are committed to respecting and protecting your right to privacy. As such, we have put in place privacy policies to ensure that our members’, licensees’, employees’ and visitors’ personal information are kept in strict confidence.
What is protected?
SOCAN will protect the personal information of its members, licensees and employees. Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual with the exception of the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of our organization.
SOCAN will adhere to the following ten principles for the protection of personal information:
- SOCAN will be accountable for the manner in which it collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
- SOCAN will provide an explanation for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, if unclear.
- SOCAN will only collect the personal information required to properly conduct its business.
- SOCAN will only use, disclose, or retain personal information needed for it to continue to conduct its business.
- SOCAN will take necessary steps to maintain the accuracy of the personal information and ensure it is complete and up to date.
- SOCAN will implement safeguards for your personal information.
- SOCAN will facilitate individual access to their respective personal information in accordance with its retention and access policy.
To ensure SOCAN remains accountable for the manner in which it uses, collects and discloses your personal information, SOCAN has appointed a Privacy Officer, who will be accountable for ensuring the company’s compliance with this policy.
Inquiries to SOCAN’s Privacy Officer may be directed to:
41 Valleybrook Drive
Toronto, ON M3B 2S6
Telephone: (416) 445-8700
Toll-free: 1-800-55-SOCAN (that’s 1-800-557-6226)
How we limit use and disclosure
SOCAN will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
· We keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence; and
· Your information is not sold or otherwise disclosed to anyone outside of SOCAN or SOCAN’s affiliated-related companies unless required by law or to properly conduct SOCAN business.
This policy may be updated from time to time, therefore we encourage you to periodically check for the latest information.