The SOCAN Foundation has announced the participants for its inaugural TD Creative Entrepreneur Incubator. “The program is designed to foster high-potential music creators, and to help them evolve their passion and talent into a sustainable career,” said Charlie Wall-Andrews, Executive Director of the SOCAN Foundation.
After reviewing nearly 1,000 submissions, the Foundation was pleased to announce that the following music creators have been accepted into the TD Creative Entrepreneurial Incubator Program:
- Julie Austin, Ontario
- Laura Babin Rioux, Québec
- James Baley, Ontario
- Justin Boissonault, Ontario
- Marvin Chan, Saskatchewan
- Kassandra Clack, British Columbia
- Desiree Dawson, British Columbia
- Domanique Grant, Ontario
- Aliah Guerra, Quebec
- Madmoud Ismail, Ontario
- Bella Krys, Ontario
- Dante Leon, Ontario
- Madeline Ritter, Ontario
- Jon Saldanha, British Columbia
- Dave Sampson, Nova Scotia
- Connor Seidel, Québec
- Linnea Siggelkow, Ontario
- Annie Sumi, Ontario
- Vincent Turcotte, Québec
- Joanna Worthington, Ontario
Each participant in the program will receive:
- A cash grant of up to $3,000, intended to defray start-up costs (such as those spent on marketing, business development, branding, etc.)
- Mentorship by an industry professional, including Adrian X (musician/producer/songwriter, Drake, PARTYNEXTDOOR), Amy Eligh (Arts & Crafts), Joe Ferrari (Sony Music), and Emily Smart (Six Shooter Records), among many more.
- Access to an exclusive webinar series led by industry professionals and experts, to fuel the entrepreneurial spirit of the participants.
This new SOCAN Foundation program was made possible with the generous support of TD. “Music has the power to strengthen communities by connecting people.,” said Valerie Picher, Associate Vice-President, Community Relations at TD Bank Group. “We’re excited to partner with SOCAN Foundation to support the TD Creative Entrepreneur Incubator program, through our global corporate citizenship platform, The Ready Commitment. This program will empower music creators from all backgrounds to develop the necessary skills to enhance music creation and sharpen their entrepreneurial abilities, so music continues to enrich our lives in a sustainable way.”
Visit www.creativeincubator.ca/participantsca for more information about the program, and to meet the participants.