The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) has announced its full list of nominees for the 2020 CCMA Awards, and Tenille Townes is leading the race with six nominations.
Following closely behind, with five nominations apiece, are Dean Brody and Brett Kissel, while Dallas Smith, The Reklaws, and James Barker Band have each earned four. The triple nominees for 2020 are Jade Eagleson, Hunter Brothers, MacKenzie Porter, and The Washboard Union.
Nominees for Songwriters of the Year are:
- Aaron Goodvin, Skip Black, Matt Nolen, for “Good Ol’ Bad Days,” performed by Aaron Goodvin
- Jenna Walker, Stuart Walker, Brad Rempel, Ben Stennis, for “I Do Too,” performed by The Reklaws
- Tim Hicks, Jeff Coplan, Bruce Wallace, for “No Truck Song,” performed by Tim Hicks
- Mackenzie Porter, Jordan Sapp, Parker Welling, for “These Days,” performed by Mackenzie Porter
- Tenille Townes, Tina Parol, Gordie Sampson, for “Jersey on the Wall (I’m Just Asking),” performed by Tenille Townes
The Entertainer of the Year Award will see Brett Kissel, The Reklaws, Dallas Smith, Tenille Townes, and Dean Brody vie for the honour.
Nominees for the Apple Music Fans’ Choice Award are Dean Brody, Jade Eagleson, Hunter Brothers, James Barker Band, Brett Kissel, MacKenzie Porter, The Reklaws, Dallas Smith, Tebey, and Tenille Townes. Canadian country music fans can vote by clicking here.
The 2020 CCMA Awards will air, Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020, on Global at 9:00 p.m. ET. For more about the nominations, click here.