Meghan Patrick and The Reklaws lead lead the nominations for the 2020 edition of the Country Music Association of Ontario (CMAO) Awards, with six apiece, closely followed by James Barker Band with five, and Tim Hicks and Tebey with four each, while Carroll Baker will receive the Impact Award. The eighth annual awards gala is slated for Sunday, Oct. 4, 2020 at Centennial Hall in London, Ont.
Among their nominations, Meghan Patrick and The Reklaws are tipped for the Songwriter(s) of the Year Award, sponsored by SOCAN – as are James Barker Band, Tim Hicks, and Tebey, as follows:
- Jessica Mitchell, for “Somebody Gonna Get Hurt,” performed by Jessica Mitchell featuring Tim Hicks
- Meghan Patrick, Jordan Rager, and Michael Whitworth, for “Wild As Me,” performed by Meghan Patrick
- Stuart Walker, Jenna Walker, Brad Rempel, and Ben Stennis, for “I Do Too,” performed by The Reklaws
- Tebey, Kylie Sackley, and Matt Rogers, for “The Good Ones,” performed by Tebey & Marie-Mai
- Tim Hicks, Emma-Lee, and Karen Kosowski, for “What A Song Should Do,” performed by Tim Hicks
Hosted by Jason McCoy and Jennifer Campbell, the 2020 CMAO Awards, presented by Slaight Music with support from Ontario Creates, will celebrate the talent and achievements of Ontario’s country music industry across 19 categories, including the Impact Award, Nielsen Compass Award, and Holly and Steve Kassay Generous Spirit Award.
Tickets are $69 to $225 CAD (plus HST and fees) and are available online at www.centennialhall.london.ca, or by phone at 1-888-999-8980.