Out of more than 18,000 entries from 140 countries, SOCAN members Tim Moxam, and Khalid Yassein and Devan Glover of Wild Rivers (with co-writer Robyn Dell’Unto), earned first-place prizes in the 2019 International Songwriting Competition (ISC). Moxam won in the Music Video category, for his song, “Honesty,” and Wild Rivers won in the Folk/Singer-Songwriter field, for “I Do.”
Several SOCAN members earned other 2019 ISC awards, as follows:
- Lyrics Only – Scot Robinson and Bobby Cameron, for “Istanbul” (performed by Scot Free Sessions)
- Blues – Harpdog Brown and Mike Ross, for “No Eyes for Me” (performed by Harpdog Brown)
- Comedy/Novelty – Avery Pearson and Scout Durwood, for “Fingerblasting Women” (performed by Scout & Avery)
- Lyrics Only – Carl Bernard, for “I Am the Storm” (performed by Carl Bernard)
- Performance – Mathew van Vooght and Dan Mangan, for “Let Me Go” (performed by Mathew V)
For a complete list of 2019 winners and honorable mentions, and to hear the winning songs, visit the ISC website. SOCAN congratulates all of our winning members on their achievements!