Canadian classic hard rock band Triumph – composed of SOCAN members Rik Emmett (guitar, vocals), Mike Levine (bass, keyboards) and Gil Moore (drums, vocals) – will be inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, on Nov. 23, 2019.
Triumph, being recognized in the Arts and Entertainment field, is an award-winning trio that’s earned multi-platinum sales and several certified gold records, with hit songs, including “Lay it on the Line,” “Magic Power,” and “Fight the Good Fight.”
Responding to news of Triumph’s coming induction, Rik Emmett called it “an incredible honour”; Mike Levine said, “We’d like to thank Canada’s Walk of Fame, and the fans, and the people of Canada”; and Gil Moore called it “a highlight of our career.”
At the same 2019 awards show – the 21st annual edition of the event – the other seven Walk of Fame inductees are:
- Frank Gehry (Science, Technology and Innovation) – World-renowned architect responsible for some of the most important works of contemporary architecture across the globe.
- Cindy Klassen (Sports and Athletics) – Three-time Olympian, six-time Olympic medallist long track speed skater, Canada’s most-decorated Olympian.
- Mark Messier (Sports and Athletics) – One of the greatest hockey players of all time, six-time Stanley Cup champion, member of the Order of Canada.
- Jim Treliving (Business and Entrepreneurship) – Businessman, venture capitalist, TV personality on the hit series Dragons’ Den, CEO of Boston Pizza International.
- Will Arnett (Arts and Entertainment) – Emmy-nominated actor, producer, comedian, voice actor, best known for Arrested Development, 30 Rock, BoJack Horseman, and the Lego Movie.
- Ernie Coombs (Legend Inductee) – Beloved children’s television icon known for his CBC series Mr. Dressup, which was on the air for nearly 30 years.
- Dr. James Naismith (Science, Technology and Innovation) – A physical educator, physician, coach, and innovator who invented the sport of basketball in 1891.
Two more 2019 inductees will be announced at a later date.
The awards show will be followed by a gala celebration, and the show will air on CTV in December 2019. SOCAN members previously inducted include the late Leonard Cohen, Andy Kim, Col. Chris Hadfield, the late Stompin’ Tom Connors, Michael Bublé, Rush, Sarah McLachlan, Blue Rodeo, The Tragically Hip, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Nickelback, and kd lang.